Some benefits of Cupping Massage Therapy:
- Increases blood circulation to the area where the cups are placed. This may relieve muscle tension, which can improve overall blood flow and promote cell repair.
- It may help form new connective tissues and create new blood vessels in the tissue.
- Increasing circulation with cupping also helps to reduce the appearance of cellulite.
- Cupping encourages tissues to release toxins.
- Reducing anxiety. Gliding the cups across skin causes parasympathetic nervous system to engage. This promotes deep relaxation to move through entire body (parasympathetic nervous system is responsible for slowing heart rate, assisting in digestion, and increasing intestinal and gland activity.)
- Cupping can clear congestion and help treat asthma. Congestion (the buildup of fluid or phlegm in lungs) caused by a cold, bronchitis, or even asthma can be treated with cupping. The suction from cups breaks up and expels congestion. It brings oxygen rich blood and lymph toward lungs and other respiratory muscles. Cups are usually placed on back, but may be placed on chest as well.
- Cupping can clear colon blockages and aid digestion. Cupping helps to engage the parasympathetic nervous system, which increases blood flow to the digestive tract. Gentle cupping over the abdomen also stimulates the insides of digestive organs. It aids in peristalsis (contractions that push food through digestive tract), helps clear colon blockages, encourages blood and body-fluid to move through organs, and helps relieve indigestion.
“Yesterday I had my treatment, cupping and massage on some tight areas, directly after coming from training, a time when I feel most lethargic, tired and stiff. I felt the cupping really helped with my recovery as I didn’t wake up once during the night after the treatment, and when I woke up the next morning my body was so refreshed it didn’t even feel like I had trained at all! Straight away after waking up I went to an early training session and I felt full of energy and loose. The more I get of these treatments, the more I’m feeling the good effects and becoming more accustomed to the treatment itself.” John Hickey